https://grand-master-language.blogspot.com/ GRAND MASTER LANGUAGE: PRESENT PERFECT TENSE

Monday

PRESENT PERFECT TENSE

 


A.   Affirmative:

     Subject + has/have + 3rd form of Verb + object.

B. Negative:

     Subject + has/have + not + 3rd form of Verb + object.

C. Interrogative:

     Has/Have + subject + 3rd form of Verb + object?

‘Has’ is used when subject is third person singular or ‘Have’ is used.

Conditions involving this tense:-

1.  It is used to denote completed action:

a.  I have delivered your massage.

b.  She has received my letter.

2.  It indicates an event of past which is still continuous:

a.  I have worked in this office for ten years.

b.  He has opened a school in his village.

3.  It is used in interrogative form with ‘ever’:

a.  Have you ever been up in a balloon?

b.  Have you ever been to London?

4.  It is used with ‘before’ when it implies present beginning from past:

a.  I have seen that film before.

b.  I have seen her somewhere before.

5.  Sometimes it denotes experience of the subject:

a.  I have seen many a young man ruined by drink.

b.  I have seen people die of starvation.

6.  It is used in subordinate clause to indicate future:

a.  I shall write a letter when I have finished my dinner.

b.  I shall play tennis after I have finished my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY BOOKS ON LANGUAGE