https://grand-master-language.blogspot.com/ GRAND MASTER LANGUAGE: USE OF CONJUNCTIONS

Wednesday

USE OF CONJUNCTIONS

 

No sooner…than:

 No sooner did I take this medicine than I felt better.

As soon as:

 Please send me a telegram as soon as you reach there.

Scarcely/Hardly… when/before:

 Scarcely had we reached the college when the bell rang.

As well as:

 I as well as he am to blame.

Not only…but also:

 Not only he but his brothers are also highly educated.

Though/Although…yet:

 Though he occupies a high position yet he is not proud.

Either…or:

 Either you or your brother has done the mischief.

Neither…nor:

 They could neither read nor write.

And:

 He drank heavily and fell down in the gutter.

Lest:

 Be careful lest you should be deceived.

Unless:

 You cannot succeed unless you work hard.

As if:

 You look as if you were drunk.

Other than:

 I have no other motive than your welfare.

Rather than:

 I shall take coffee rather than tea.

So…that:

 It is so hot that we cannot go out.

Such as:

 Nature is such a mystery as cannot be understood.

But:

 He drank heavily but he did not lose his senses.

Before:

 We had entered the hall before the function started.

While:

 You should utilise every minute while there is time.

When:

 When we reached the station, the train had arrived.

Since:

 Since you want it, it shall be done.

Because:

 I like her because she looks so innocent.

As:

 As I am not feeling well, I cannot accompany you.

Provided:

 I shall attend you provided I am properly looked after.

Wherever:

 I shall reach wherever you want me to reach.

Where:

 This is the place where I lived during my childhood.

As…as:

 She is as charming as an actress.

How-so-ever:

 How-so-ever hard you may try, you cannot beat me.

In order to:

 Every one struggles in order to win a respectable place in the society.

So that:

 Great men die so that other may live.

For:

 He worked hard for he had to pass.

Still:

 A motor car struck against a Tonga still no one was injured.

Yet:

 He is poor yet he is happy.

So:

 He was ill, so I took him to a Doctor.

Otherwise:

 Run fast otherwise you will miss the train.

Both…and:

 Both John and Marry have just come home.

Whether…or:

 I do not care whether you stay or go.

As long as:

 As long as I am here, you need not fear anybody.

In order that:

 He went to the market in order that he might buy a book.

Untill:

 She worked until she was tired.

Till:

 Wait here till I return.

Or:

 Keep quiet or leave the room.

If:

      I asked him if he was hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY BOOKS ON LANGUAGE