https://grand-master-language.blogspot.com/ GRAND MASTER LANGUAGE: PAST PERFECT TENSE

Friday

PAST PERFECT TENSE

 


A. Affirmative:

Subject + had+ 3rd form of Verb + object.

B. Negative:

Subject + had +not + 3rd form of Verb + object.

C. Interrogative:

Had+ subject + 3rd form of Verb + object?

Conditions involving this tense:-

1.  It denotes completion of an action before starting another event at a point in the past:

a.  The bitterness had passed away, and he seemed to see clearly.

b.  I had never before talked with one who had wounded his fellow being.

2.  It is always used in relation to a work with another:

a.  The patient had already died.

b.  I had finished my work before you came.

3.  It is used to denote an unfulfilled desire of past:

a.  I wish I had worked hard!

b.  I wish I had not wasted all my money!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY BOOKS ON LANGUAGE