https://grand-master-language.blogspot.com/ GRAND MASTER LANGUAGE: CHANGE OF VOICE IN CASE OF DOUBLE OBJECTS

Saturday

CHANGE OF VOICE IN CASE OF DOUBLE OBJECTS

 



Sentences having double objects: a direct and another indirect. At the time of changing active voice into passive voice, the sentence may begin either of two. If beginning is made with second object in passive voice, first object follows ‘to’ and is placed after verb. If beginning is made with first object in passive voice, second object is placed after verb.

1.  Affirmative:

a.  Active voice     :  I presented her a wrist watch.

     Passive voice   :  A wrist watch was presented to her by me.

     Or                   She was presented a wrist watch by me.

b.  Active voice     :  Mohan lent me this bicycle.

     Passive voice   :  This bicycle was lent to me by Mohan

     Or                   :  I was lent this bicycle by Mohan.

2.  Negative:

a.  Active voice     :  He did not give me a book.

     Passive voice   :  A book was not given to me by him.

     Or                   :  I was not given a book by him.

b.  Active voice     :  She does not teach us English.

     Passive voice   :  English is not taught to us by her.

     Or                   We are not taught English by her.

3.  Interrogative:

a.  Active voice     :  Did he offer you tea?

     Passive voice   :  Was tea offered to you by him?

     Or                   :  Were you offered tea by him?

b.  Active voice     :  Who gave you help?

     Passive voice   :  By whom was help given to you?

     Or                   By whom were you given help?

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY BOOKS ON LANGUAGE