https://grand-master-language.blogspot.com/ GRAND MASTER LANGUAGE: USE OF SENTENCE LINKERS/CONNECTORS

Friday

USE OF SENTENCE LINKERS/CONNECTORS

 

So:

I have finished my tea, so has he.

Yet:

Murder has no tongue, yet it will speak.

However:

At first he refused to go. Later, however, he decided to go.

Too:

He is an idler. He is a gambler, too.

Equally:

I admitted my error. Equally, the other driver made a mistake.

Further:

The superintendent was suspended for insolence. Further, there was a charge of corruption against him.

Moreover:

I wonder why you want to marry Maria. She is vain; she is obstinate. Moreover, she is not so rich as you think her to be.

In addition to it:

Maria is not beautiful. In addition to it, she is vain and obstinate.

Apart from it:

He is an idler. Apart from it, he is a gambler, too.

Therefore:

A is equal to B. B is equal to C. Therefore, A is equal to C.

As well:

There are three houses. I have purchased two already. I’ll buy the third one as well.

In any case:

He may apologize or not. In any case, I am not going to re-employ him.

On the contrary to:

You say he is my friend. On the contrary, he gave evidence against me in the court.

On the other hand:

On the one hand he claims to be my friend; on the other hand, he is always running me down.

Otherwise:

Listen to what I say, otherwise you will repent.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY BOOKS ON LANGUAGE