https://grand-master-language.blogspot.com/ GRAND MASTER LANGUAGE: CHANGE OF VOICE WITHOUT ‘BY’ IN PASSIVE VOICE

Wednesday

CHANGE OF VOICE WITHOUT ‘BY’ IN PASSIVE VOICE

 



Sometimes at the time of changing Active voice into passive voice, subject does not follow ‘by’, rather any of ‘at’, ‘in’, ‘with’, ‘to’… is used.

1.  Affirmative:

a.  Active voice     :  I know her.

     Passive voice   :  She is known to me.

b.  Active voice     :  Your behaviour has surprised me.

     Passive voice   :  I have been surprised at your behaviour.

2.  Negative:

a.  Active voice     :  His progress has not satisfied me.

     Passive voice   :  I have not been satisfied with his progress.

b.  Active voice     :  This jug does not contain hot milk.

     Passive voice   :  Hot milk is not contained in this jug.

3.  Interrogative:

a.  Active voice     :  Can you please everyone?

     Passive voice   :  Can everyone be pleased with you?

b.  Active voice     :  What does this box contain?

     Passive voice   :  What is contained in this box?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY BOOKS ON LANGUAGE