https://grand-master-language.blogspot.com/ GRAND MASTER LANGUAGE: CHANGE OF VOICE IN CASE OF PORTION OF A SENTENCE

Saturday

CHANGE OF VOICE IN CASE OF PORTION OF A SENTENCE

 



At the time of changing active voice into passive voice, sometimes in long sentences, only one or more clauses or a part of sentence is changed into passive voice.

1.  Affirmative:

a.  Active voice     : We hope that you will win in spite of strong opposition.  

     Passive voice   : It is hoped that you will win in spite of strong opposition.  

b.  Active voice     : His father helped me; his mother loved me; but his sister made fun of me.  

     Passive voice   : I was helped by his father; I was loved by his mother; but I was made fun of by his sister.  

2.  Negative:

a.  Active voice     :  When I do not know you, I cannot help you.  

     Passive voice   : When you are not known to me, you cannot be helped by me.  

b.  Active voice     :  They say that this decision is not in my interest.  

     Passive voice   : It is said that this decision is not in my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY BOOKS ON LANGUAGE